When I finally decided to get off my butt and exercise in late 2011 it opened up a whole new world to me. I’ve met new friends and had experiences I never would have dreamed about in the previous years.
Of course, hindsight is 20/20 and I wish I would have started this exercise regime years ago, but it took a great amount of effort and frustration to finally say, I’ve had enough!
I know it’s tough, trust me! We’re Americans. That means we’re fat, lazy, and addicted to television. But you can change your life for the better.
So here are 5 reasons to get off the couch and do something healthy.
- It will help you live a better life. I know, you think your life is pretty damn good as it is. So ask yourself this, have you ever gone on vacation somewhere and skipped an activity because you thought it might exert too much effort? You might get winded? Think about the things you haven’t seen because of your lack of physical ability.
- TV is making you stupid. There’s nothing else I have to add to this!
- You will feel so much better. True, it will take some time to get into shape and you’ll be sore. That’s just how it goes. But after a while you start to enjoy the soreness because it means there was progress.
- Your clothes will fit better and you’ll look better. Although, after losing 40 lbs, I still don’t have an ass!
- And most importantly, to get healthy. Jen and I haven’t been truly sick since 2010 or 2011. I had an allergy attack this week that lasted for about a day. That has been the extent of my illness over the last 3+ years. I’m an insurers dream. I have to pay premiums but I never use the service.
Now get off the couch and run!